Best GPS Watch for Kayaking On the Market
Having a solid GPS watch Kayaking ensures that you don’t get lost in the water. The watches come in many brands most of which boast of many features. Even though there are many brands on the market, you need to choose the best GPS watch for kayaking, with the kind of functionality you are interested in and which delivers the best results to help you know where you are, no matter the time.
Table of Contents
Best GPS Watch For Kayaking Candidates
It weighs 2.9 ounces and requires just one lithium ion battery. The watch is convenient no wonder it is featured at the top on the list of the best Kayaking. The watch has a 3.1 inch display size with a resolution of 70 X 70. This makes it a good choice among outdoor enthusiasts. The watch comes with all the things you will need when kayaking. It is durable, keeps you on track, and lasts long.
- It is wrist-worn, accurate and stylish
- Comes with a barometer, Altimer, 3-axis compass and an automatic sensor calibration
- It includes a wrist strap and premium HRM
- Stores up to 10,000 track points
- It has an inbuilt temperature sensor
- Inbuilt wireless communication is included
The Garmin Fēnix 3
It is the most popular watch among the experienced Kayakers. It is regarded as one of the best GPS watch you can ever buy. It is thicker than 920 model, but it is slim and lightweight. The display is vivid and colourful. It is visible whether you are hiking, biking, or in water. The 3 field and the 4 field look great. Also, it allows you to access the compass, the altitude, and the air pressure directly from the face of the watch.
This watch is thought to be the best GPS watch for kayaking because it will always look new regardless of how wet it gets. It can be connected to your phone using the Garmin’s Proprietary Connect Technology. The watch will notify you when you receive an email, a call or a text. This is beneficial because it may not be easy to get to your phone when you go out kayaking because most phones are not waterproof. In such a case, the watch will serve as a phone and will take care of the things that are done by your phone.
Other than helping you navigate through the water, the set up screen on the watch will help you display and access a lot of information. It has other functionalities such as bike tracking, step counting, speed, heart rate, smartphone navigation, and many more. It allows for great navigations and you will be able to set up and view information in just a few seconds. It is intuitive and easy to use.
The battery life of the machine is great and will last for more days. You will be able to change, customize, adjust, and improve or customize the light to increase battery life time. This battery lasts far longer than that of Android FitBITand Apple watches.
- The watch is small in size and cannot store its own music or that from App store.
- Wearing the watch with a dress shirt is somewhat aggravating.
The watch may appear too big especially to women who are used to wearing small wrist watches. This means that it will feel comfortable when worn on any wrist that is more than 2 ½ inches. However, if your wrist is 2 ¼ the watch will dangle.
- A small app store
- An optically- bonded display, with sunlight visible high resolution color
- Suitable for swimming
- Omni directional steel EXO antenna
- Makes use of one or more of Wi- Fi hot spots
- Allows you to Sync your phone through update software and Garmin Connect technology
- The battery is rechargeable and will serve you for 50 hours under Ultra Trac mode, 6 weeks in watch mode, and 20 hours under training and GPS mode
- The watch has a navigation that can keep up with the fastest and most rugged kayakers. It never fails to keep sharp turns and will stay on track at all times.
Fenix Sapphire Edition
The watch has more features compared to the standard version. It includes a steel metal, a standard black rubber watch band, and a high quality tool that allows for swapping of the bands in and out of the water or just at home.
The sapphire crystal band has added security, and allows you to switch to a lighter band if you feel that your wrist band is too heavy when paddling.
Polar M400 GPS Smart Sports Watch
It is one of the best GPS watch for kayaking that comes with a GPS tracker, web service, polar flow, is durable and waterproof. The M400’s keeps track of your pace, altitude, and distance. It comes with a back to start feature and will allow you to confidently explore the routes whether you are on land or in water.
The watch comes with a smart notification feature that allows you to see notifications from your phone. It is neither heavy nor too big. You will love wearing it when out kayaking because it does not make your arm to feel tired.
Polar M400 Features:
- In-built GPS technology that keeps track of the distance, pace and attitude
- Can be used to track your workouts, calories burnt, quality of sleep, and how active you are every day.
- The fitness tracking system could be used to keep an eye on the running cadence and helps to improve one’s efficiency.
- It is compatible with H7 Heart rate sensor and thus, allows one to train at the right heart rate pace.
At this point, you are more knowledgeable about the best GPS watch for kayaking. In addition, you know what to look for and how you can get the best when you go out paddling. There are many GPS with waterproof properties from which to choose. This review featured the best GPS watch that will allow you to have the best when you decide to go Kayaking. Try out the polar M400, The Garmin Fēnix 3, and The Garmin Fēnix GPS Navigator Watch.